The National Testing Agency has announced the details about the NEET Examination 2021. NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test. The Medical Council of Indian has released all the relevant details and information regarding the exam. According to data, almost 14,10,800 aspirants applied for the NEET exam in 2021. Out of them, only 7,87,042 out of all of them got selected for the qualifying stage. The NEET is a vital examination for all those aspirants who want to pursue a career in the field of MBBS or BDS. Getting a good rank by preparing notes by Vedantu NEET experts ensures easy solutions for higher studies.
Every examination has different aspects that the aspirants should know about. Same goes for NEET. The aspirants should be aware of the eligibility, question pattern, highlights of the examination and the syllabus as well. In today’s blog, we will discuss all of those information with you in detail. Take a look.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Here is a detailed description of the NEET eligibility criteria for the year of 2021 –
- NEET examination is mandatory for Indian/Overseas aspirants who want to get admitted to medical universities and institutions in India.
- Age Limit: General students – 17 to 25 years (on or before 31st December of the same year). In case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD the age limit is set at 17 to 30 years.
- All India Quota seats: Foreign aspirants and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), NRIs, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) are entitled for reservation under the total 15% All India Quota seats. However, the candidates from J&K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota.
- Qualification: every aspirant who wants to appear for the exam must have appeared in their class 12 board exam.
- Must have passed B.Sc. with any two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) or Bio- technology from any reputed Indian University.
- Must have passed their first year of the University’s three years’ degree course in PCB.
- Number of Attempts – all the candidates can attempt the NEET exam as many times as they wish till they reach the eligible age criteria.
Analysis of All Exam Papers For NEET 2021
Here is a detailed analysis of all the examination subjects under the NEET 2021 Syllabus. Take a look –
NEET Paper Analysis for Physics
- Mechanics is the most vital chapter that carries the maximum marks in Physics.
- Electrodynamics consists of at least 9 – 10 and a good amount of weightage.
- Physics is considered to be the most difficult subject of the NEET exam.
- Majority of the questions will be accompanied by lengthy calculations.
- It is important to remember the formulas.
NEET Paper Analysis for Chemistry
- Chemistry is moderately difficult in the NEET entrance examination.
- It has been found that application-based questions are increasing in number.
- 2019 NEET question paper saw more questions from the Class 12 syllabus.
- Organic Chemistry has grown to be a really important chapter of the subject. One can expect at least 10 – 12 questions.
- Chemical Bonding and Coordination Compounds must be studied thoroughly.
NEET Paper Analysis for Biology
- Biology is relatively much easier from both Physics and Chemistry, as students have observed over the years.
- The paper will consist of 45 questions each from Zoology and Botany.
- In the 2021 NEET Examination, the Class 12 syllabus had more weightage. Almost 46 questions were from there.
- Majority of the questions are asked from the NCERT curriculum.
NEET 2021 Syllabus Highlights
Here is a detailed look at the NEET 2021 Syllabus. All the students are required to follow the below mentioned syllabus properly:
NEET 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for Chemistry in 2021:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p- Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
NEET 2021 Physics Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for Physics in 2021:
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
NEET 2021 Biology Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for Biology in 2021:
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and environment