Renewable energy has become an important and reliable resource that must be maintained adequately. Because technology has evolved at such a fast pace, the energy world has changed within the last decade. In countries such as Iceland, Costa Rica, or the UK, the renewable energy generation has changed the way in which we look at our resources. Since this type of energy is a reliable alternative to fossil fuels, these countries (and others) started to raise awareness by switching to renewable energy. Not only does this resource use zero-carbon electricity but it is also emission-free, so it’s a great source of energy.
Today, we’ll be discussing why renewable energy is important, how we can help promote this paradigm shift, and what the best universities to study renewable energy are. Let’s dig in!
Why Is Renewable Energy Important?
Renewable energy includes wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, and hydroelectric energy. This type of energy is clean and is a better resource for us to use. Switching to this type of energy will help our planet thrive, so check out the most important reasons why switching to renewable energy is essential.
- Global warming emissions would lessen, and we’d see less harmful impacts on nature. There would be less frequent storms and the sea level would stop rising. Extinction could also be solved, as this is one of the most widely discussed essay topics today.
- Pollution affects everyone on this planet, so improving the air that we breathe would lead to improved public health. Cleaner energy resources maintain cleaner air and require less water.
- Plus, renewable energy is a source of inexhaustible energy, meaning it never ends. Extracting oil from our planet’s soil can only be done up to a certain point; and that point is not far away. Our resources are ending, so we must switch to another alternative resource to take care of our world. Climate change must be addressed.
- Looking at the social benefits, there would be an increase in jobs, with more people being involved in this energy paradigm shift. Believe it or not, solar panels don’t install themselves, and farms cannot do without humans. Technicians, laborers, and farmers will be highly needed for the future. The more jobs we’ll be able to provide, the better our economies will do.
- Oil, prices have fluctuated for years since oil is considered a commodity. Natural disasters can disrupt the production of oil, while production costs can exceed the desired price limit. This issue has caused many international problems over the years. Switching to renewable energy can lower the demand for natural gas and thus, lower the price of using energy.
- Plus, renewable energy is a reliable and resilient We need this type of energy in case other natural disasters or events start happening more frequently.
How Can I Start Using Renewable Energy?
Change starts with one person – the rest will follow. Here is how you could switch to renewable energy depending on the state you live in. Don’t rush or guilt yourself; in the end, you’ve been using non-renewable energy your whole life. Take things step by step and be kind to yourself. You will learn. In fact, we’re all still learning.
If you’re a student in college and not yet completely aware of the situation we’re dealing with, you could check out essays about different countries in the world and their limited non-renewable energy resources. There are many essay services that students can access and get a better understanding of how to switch to renewable energy. Universities are another good resource, since students could chat with professors and browse through libraries and books for various essay examples on this subject. Getting your information from multiple sources is vital, since our planet needs our help.
The Best Universities for Studying Renewable Energy
Located in Bari, Italy, this university is one of the best for studying renewable energy. It features bachelor’s and master’s programs and addresses the current environmental issues we’re all dealing with. You could also take online classes at UNIBA. Plus, Italy is fun to visit.
2. European Masters Renewable Energy
EUREC rates 4th on the global renewable energy university top. Its headquarters are located in Brussels, Belgium. The school has over 43 research programs available for students worldwide.
If you want to study solar energy, this is the place for you. FUNIBER is an International Iberoamerican University that offers master and doctoral degrees for interested students.
Of course, the renowned MIT must be on this list, as it features one of the best renewable energy programs in the US. Unfortunately, they can only offer a minor in energy studies for now, but they’re working on developing their options.
5. Centre for Alternative Technology
Considered 3rd in the renewable energy study world, CAT is the place to go if you’re looking to study in the UK. You can get lots of practice experience here and get a job soon after graduation, according to many student reviews.
6. Mid Sweden University
Placing first on the top renewable energy universities, Mid Sweden University is located in Sundsvall, Sweden. It offers online education due to the current circumstances and also offers master’s degrees opportunities.
7. Politecnico de Coimbra
Located in Coimbra, Portugal, Politecnico de Coimbra is one of the top five universities in the world for studying renewable energy. The best program is electrical energy conversation and power systems, so check it out if you decide to sign up for it.
Studying renewable energy is highly important for the reasons you’ve read before. We need to protect our planet and ensure that she’ll live for a long time. And what better way to do that than by switching to renewable energy?